Healthy Pregnancy Dinner Recipes For Pregnant Women
The healthy pregnancy dinner recipes that will be discussed in this article are just the best you can find online.
Well, pregnant women have been known to be selective in the kind of diet they consume. The reason is that they are not the only ones consuming it. The human in them also consumes these diets indirectly.
Let us consider a pregnant woman that went through the day’s activities from morning till night falls. Whereas she is already hungry and her stomach is calling for food but she is still confused about what kind of food to eat that would make a perfect dinner.
Meanwhile, some diets occurred to her but she doesn’t know their recipes. Well, I believe this can happen to anybody and that person will be left disappointed. Therefore let’s show you some other healthy pregnancy dinner recipe for you should try out.
But before we proceed, below are the subheads for this article today.
- Best Healthy Pregnancy Dinner Recipe And Preparations
- 3 Healthy Eating Tips For These Dinners
- Dinners To Avoid As A Pregnant Woman
Best Healthy Pregnancy Dinner Recipes And Preparations
1. Lettuce Wraps Recipe:
- A frozen cup of shelled edamame.
- 8 full romaine leaves
- Two full cups of shredded cooked chicken.
- A full green onion that has been halved whereas one part is being chopped.
- Quartered and cored full yellow bell peppers.
- Some cilantro, preferably one quarter cup
- Half cup of baby carrots
How to prepare:
- Get a chef system with a fitted blade attached to it and put your peppers, carrots, cilantro, and onions to the base of the chef system. You can alternatively chop them using your hands or use any other food processor available.
- Ensure everything is well chopped.
- Mix your veggies(the items being chopped in the chef system) with the edamame
- Insert a quarter cup of cooked shredded chicken in each of the 8 lettuce leaves.
- The veggies mixture should be added to the chicken in the lettuce leaf.
- Slowly pour some peanut vinaigrette on everything and serve.
Enjoy your healthy pregnancy dinner recipe!
2. Homemade Beef Stew Recipe:
- 2lbs of chopped beef stew meat that has been patted dry.
- Two tablespoons full of wheat flour
- An onion of average size
- Table salt and pepper
- A 14 oz or a can of chopped tomatoes
- Three tablespoons full of olive oil
- One tablespoon full of fresh thyme leaves and also two tablespoons full of dried thyme leaves.
- Four cups of reduced-sodium beef broth.
- Six carrots that should be – peeled, cut it halves in its vertical position, and cut into one-inch pieces.
- A quarter cup of minced parsley leaves.
- Three boiled potatoes that are being peeled and chopped into one-inch pieces or three medium Yukon Gold.
How to prepare:
- Get a large bowl where you will mix the chopped beef with pepper and salt.
- Use a heavy saucepan or a big dutch oven to warm one tablespoon full of oil.
- Add the meat to the saucepan to form a single layer and wait for about 5 – 7 minutes for all the sides to get brown.
- Having done that, remove the beef and relocate them to a separate bowl.
- Add one-quarter cup of broth to saucepan, stir it with a spoon, and scrape so that all the browned bits at the bottom get loosened. All these should be done in a pot also.
- Pour the cooked mixture to a separate bowl where the beef was kept.
- Repeat the whole process above using another tablespoon full of oil and the remaining meat.
- Add one more tablespoon full of oil to the cooked mixture. Add onions and allow to cook for about 5 minutes and then stir.
- Add some reserved meat, tomatoes, thyme, and the rest of the broth. Allow it to boil and simmer for one hour.
- Add the potatoes and carrots to it. Allow it to simmer for about 45 minutes for the meat to become very soft.
- You make choose to add water in other to make the soup more consistency
Your healthy pregnancy dinner recipe is ready. You should serve it while it’s hot and may choose to garnish it with parsley.
3. Steak Salad Recipe:
- Get a single sirloin steak or strip steak having 12 ounces and it is 1¼ inch thick.
- Some cracked black pepper and salt.
- A cup of button mushroom that is being sliced thinly
- An average-sized red onion that is being sliced into ¼ inch each.
- About 2 ounces of Parmesan Cheese shaving, usually half of a cup.
- Two tablespoons are full of fresh lemon juice.
- A teaspoon of completely grated lemon zest.
- A thinly sliced roasted red bell pepper, which could be either from a jar or leftover
- About 2 spoonfuls of mayonnaise black pepper.
- Four cups of tender greens, preferably arugula that its thick stems have been removed.
How to prepare:
- Get your broiler ready by preheating it.
- Get your steak seasoned by adding the black pepper and salt.
- Broil these seasoned steaks till its temperature gets to 160F, 3 to 5 mins on each side using an instant-read meat thermometer.
- Mix the lemon juice, lemon zest, and mayonnaise till it gets whisked in a bowl. Then, season the mixture to your taste using salt and pepper. You may choose to add a tablespoon of mayonnaise for a more suitable taste.
- Without switching off the broiler, you should relocate the steaks to a cutting board where you will allow it to cool for 5mins before slicing them into ¼ inch strips. You still leave the juice reserved.
- Place the onions in a broiler till it gets cooked and almost burnt.
- Get a salad bowl where you will mix the cooked onions, bell peppers, mushroom, and arugula by stirring them.
- Add the dressing and pour the reserved juice over them. Then spread some Parmesan cheese on the salad and serve.
That is steak salad for you, another healthy pregnancy dinner recipe! Enjoy!
4. Salmon Hash Patties Recipe:
- The average size of yellow bell pepper that is been chopped
- The average size of green bell pepper that is being chopped.
- A can of pink salmon that has been drained and crushed with a fork
- A large egg
- Two cooked russet potatoes of an average size that has been peeled and chopped.
- Thinly sliced and trimmed white parts of two Scallions
- Grated zest of lemon
- Two tablespoons are full of olive oil.
- Chopped fresh drill of 1 ½ teaspoon.
How To Prepare:
- Get a bowl where you can stir to mix the potatoes, green and yellow bell peppers, zest, dill, egg, scallions, and salmon.
- Ensure this mixture is split into 4 equal parts. These parts should be shaped to a patty with about half-inch thick.
- Get a 9-inch handle frying pan where to will heat the olive oil to medium-high temperature.
- Add the divided salmon patties into the frying pan and allow it to cook till you get a golden brown color. Allowing 4 minutes per side to attain the golden brown color.
- Penetrate the center of these patties with a knife to confirm if it is done. If the knife gets hot then it ready.
You are expected to serve this healthy pregnancy dinner recipe as it is very hot!
5. Turkey Chili Recipe:
- A tablespoon full of olive oil
- An average-sized yellow bell pepper that is being chopped
- A ground turkey breast, preferably 1 pound.
- Average-sized green bell pepper is being chopped
- Two clove garlic that is being chopped
- Two tablespoons full of chili powders
- Average-sized onions that are being chopped
- A small jalapeno pepper where one is needed and the other is diced
- A can of chopped tomatoes alongside its juice. A can is usually about 14½ Ounce.
- A can of red kidney beans or black beans that has been rinsed and drained. ( About 15 Ounces)
- A tablespoon full of ground cumin
- Two tablespoons are full of cut fresh cilantro.
- Shredded cheddar cheese usually of 1 ½ cups.
How To Prepare:
- Get a large saucepan to heat the olive oil to a medium high temperature.
- Add garlic and onions to it and allow it to cook and soften for about 2mins. Then add the turkey, green and red bell peppers, and the jalapeno for about 3minutes for these peppers to get soften. Now sprinkle the chili powder together with cumin and wait for 2mins for it to cook – this will bring out the fragrance.
- At this stage, you should add the tomatoes and beans. Then allow it to simmer. You may reduce the heat of your cooker to make everything well blended for 10 minutes.
- Well, you can now dish your turkey chili into your plate, add some cilantro and cheese to the surface.
- Cover it tightly and refrigerate it.
Whenever you want to serve this healthy pregnancy dinner recipe, remember to add some cilantro and cheese just before eating.
3 Healthy Eating Tips For These Dinners
- Eat For Two: Whenever you’re preparing any of these healthy pregnancy dinner recipes, you should always have it on your mind that you are not the only person consuming this diet. This simply implies that you shouldn’t go to bed with little food that won’t be enough for you and your unborn baby. It is also advisable you cook enough of these diets consistently for at least three nights providing that they are well wrapped and preserved. This will help you have enough dinners available for other nights you don’t feel like cooking.
- Freeze enough recipes: Yes, one of the most important things a pregnant woman should have in her care is the refrigerator. This will save her the stress of going to the market multiple times. Therefore, the best option for her is to get most of these healthy pregnancy dinner recipes at a go and then preserve them in the refrigerator. So whenever she decides to eat any, it can be easily accessible to her.
- Go for the shortcut: Don’t get confused! Well, what you should understand here is that; there are some ingredients or recipes that can be gotten in their ready-made form. You should go for them to save you the whole preparation time. Some examples include; Canned beans, soups, fish, and many veggies.
Almost everything that has a good phase also comes along with its bad phase. We have been able to discuss the healthy pregnancy dinner recipes earlier, but do you know that some other foods are bad dinners for pregnant women? Find that out below;
- Fried Foods: Generally excessive accumulation of fried foods can cause harm to the body system by adding some calories that are not needed by the body. Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that whenever a pregnant woman consumes fried foods as dinner – they tend to become sluggish. I guess no pregnant woman will wish that for herself.
- Aioli Sauce and Hollandaise Sauce: These sauces are made of raw eggs. Maybe you haven’t known that cooked eggs her safer than raw eggs. The reason is that raw eggs are exposed to a high risk of salmonella which is a bacteria causing infection. Remember to keep yourself and the unborn baby safe by avoiding this kind of dinner
- Raw seafood: Yes, raw seafood and some fishes are bad dinners for pregnant women. Raw seafood has been confirmed to some potential bacteria in them. Meanwhile, some fish like shark, swordfish, tuna steak, orange roughy, marlin, tilefish, and king mackerel are high in ethyl-mercury too should avoided.
At this stage, I believe you know the healthy pregnancy diet recipes and other important information you should know concerning your dinner as a pregnant woman.
Therefore, use the social share button to share these articles across to many other pregnant women out there. Remember to use the comment section to let us know what you think about these healthy pregnancy dinner recipes.