15 Best Teas For Sore Throat You Should Not Over Look
Have you been struggling to cure sore throat recently? Why not check out the best teas for sore throat you can drink at home and anywhere.
A sore throat can make you feel pains and scratches whenever you try to swallow. This disease is known to be caused by viruses including cold and flu while others are caused by bacteria. Meanwhile, I am very sure you are not comfortable having a sore throat which is the reason you should read this article from its start to its finish, so as not to miss any value.
Here are the 15 best teas for sore throat;
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea is one of the best herbal teas for sore throat. Its function for sore throat is attributed to the fact that it contains some anti-oxidants such as flavonoids and terpenoids. These anti-oxidants are capable of fighting against the infection causing a sore throat.
How to Prepare Chamomile Tea
- Get dry chamomile flowers and apple mints.
- Boil a cup or more cups of water – depending on the number of chamomile flowers you are using.
- Get your dry chamomile flowers and apple mints in a separate container.
- Pour the boiled water in the container and then stir for about 3minutes for proper infusion.
- Extract the tea from the mixture and your tea is ready.
How to use: You may choose to use it by gargling, inhaling, and drinking.
You can get this chamomile tea leaves online in case you don’t have its flowers around.
- Green Tea:, from the beginning of this article, you were supposed to be expecting green tea to be on this list. Green tea seems to fit in into almost all list of teas that are beneficial for your health. Today again, it is making it to the list of the best teas for sore throat. Green has proven to contain some anti-inflammatory properties which help to suppress the swelling of the tissues in the throat.
How To Prepare Green Teas
- Get your green tea leafs ready whose quantity is usually a spoon for each glass of water.
- Boil your glass of water to about 80 degrees – it must not get to boiling point and if it’s getting there allow to cool before use.
- Pour warm water into the glass where the green tea leaves are present.
- Sieve the teas and leaving the leaves behind.
- Drink your green as it is warm in other to soothe your sore throat.
Green tea leaves can also be ordered online. Please note that if you are using a 100-degree water temperature, then it is no longer green tea but black teas.
- Turmeric Tea: Turmeric Tea is said to have a very similar property to that of the ginger tea which is also one of the best teas for sore throat. The antibacterial and antiviral property of turmeric tea makes it possible for it to fight against sore throat. Other discoveries have it that it promotes the effectiveness of other antimicrobial treatments.
How To Prepare Turmeric Tea.
- Get your turmeric root and turmeric powder readily available.
- Boil the turmeric root in at least 8 Ounces of water together with 8 spoons of the turmeric powder.
- Allow it to boil for about 20 minutes
- Extract the tea
- Drink till you finally get rid of sore throats
You may also choose to add some honey to it if you desire.
- Black Tea: Well if you are following this article, you will remember where I mentioned that you should not allow your water to boil 100 degrees whenever you want to prepare green tea – am I right? Yes, in a situation where this is allowed to happen, the green becomes black tea. This is the more reason green teas and black teas have similar properties for fighting against sore throat. They contain antioxidants that help you heal your sore throat faster.
How To Prepare Black Teas: Follow the same process you used while preparing green teas. The only difference is for you to allow the water to reach its boiling point before achieving the best tea for sore throat.
- Ginger Root Tea: Ginger root tea is a very powerful herbal tea for sore throat. The oil from the ginger root is capable of suppressing symptoms of nausea while the ginger root tea itself can relieve a sore throat. This ginger root tea is said to have an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property known as gingerol and sugar. They both work together to eliminate bacterial and viruses causing infection in other to soothe your sore throat.
How To Prepare Ginger Root Tea
- Get a spoon of dried ginger or a piece of fresh ginger.
- Add it into a boiling kettle of water
- Leave it for about 10 minutes for it to steep properly.
- Include a lemon slice, a little amount of honey, and a spoon of apple cider vinegar for more effectiveness
- Serve your tea while it’s hot and drink up.
- Licorice Root Tea: Here is just another best tea for sore throat that is capable of leading to the death of some virus causing sore throat due to its anti-inflammatory property. It has been proven to contain about 300 flavonoids which help to promote the general wellness of the body.
How To Prepare Licorice Tea.
- Get eight ounces of water and add two spoonfuls of the dried licorice tea.
- Boil the mixture for about five minutes
- Serve it your tea.
- You may choose to add some lemon juice in other to boost its effectiveness
- Drink up and receive healings for your sore throat
In some other cases, you can use it by gargling for about 30 seconds. Kindly note that this tea is not meant to be taken excessively – you are advised to take it once per day is not more than three days.
- Marshmallow Root Tea: This herbal tea is mostly grown in Africa and other parts of Europe. It is a must we include marshmallow tea when talking about the best teas for sore throat. This tea is said to contain some kind of mucilage in which when consumed, it relief your sore throats. In addition to this property, marshmallow tea is capable of stopping cough and cold which are known to worsen a sore throat.
How To Prepare Marshmallow Root Teas
- Get about 8 Ounces of water with a spoon of dried marshmallow root present in it.
- Allow the mixture to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Extract your marshmallow teas, serve yourself, and receive healings.
- Slippery Elm Tea: Maybe you are hearing this for the time. Anyway, slippery elm tea has a similar healing property compared to that of the ginger root tea. This slippery elm tea contains components like mucilage and tannings which help in soothing your sore throat. The tannins reduce irritation in the throat due to its anti-inflammatory effect and also produce cytokines that cleanse the immune system. The mucus texture of this tea makes the sore throat pain relief you as fast as possible.
How To Prepare Slippery Elm Tee
- Get the inner back of powdered slippery elm tea
- Pour it in boiling water and allow it to get infused
- Serve your tea in a cup and drink
- You may choose to add honey or maple syrup as a sweetener.
- Iceland Moss Tea: This is another best tea for sore throat that has been confirmed to give people with a sore throat a quick relief. Meanwhile, there is the presence of mucilage which makes this possible. Another amazing fact about Iceland Moss Tea is the fact that no side effect has been discovered through the consumption of this tea. Why not take advantage of this wonderful tea for sore throat.
How To Prepare Iceland Moss Tea
- Boil a cup of water
- While the water is boiling, add two spoonfuls of powdered Iceland moss
- Cover the mixture and allow to steep for about 20 minutes
- You make choose to add chocolate to it as a sweetener
You are advised to take just three spoons of this Iceland moss tea daily.
- Horehound Tea: Just like most teas we discussed earlier, horehound tea too does not lack the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory property. Horehound tea has been used for a very long time as a remedy to sore throat and colds. However, if you are having issues with sore throats, you are advised to get horehound tea online or any health food store around you.
How To Prepare Horehound Tea
- Get your horehound tea leafs readily available
- Brew the leafs
- Boil water and pour it over the leaves.
- Allow it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy your tea meanwhile don’t forget this is another best tea for sore throat.
- Rooibos Tea: One of the best teas for sore throat which is a native of South Africa. This tea is also referred to as red bush is known to be very rich in antioxidants that are capable of saying goodbye to a sore throat. A unique property of this is that is suitable for both adult and children and it is caffeine-free. Why not try this out?
How To Prepare Rooibos Tea
- Get a glass of hot water and your rooibos tea leafs ready.
- Pour the hot water in two spoonfuls of rooibos tea
- Allow it to steep.
- Then your tea is ready
You can order this rooibos tea online or choose to get it at any health food store around your location.
- Thyme Tea: I guess the kitchen is what just popped up your mind right now because you know thyme is used in cooking. Meanwhile, thyme can also be used to prepare herbal teas that are capable of soothing your sore throat.
How To Prepare Thyme Tea
- Boil a cup of water and some thyme leafs ready.
- Add a cup of boiled water in a two spoonful of thyme leaf.
- Allow it to steep for about 3minutes.
- Your thyme tea is ready.
- You may choose to prepare it along with other soothing herbs like primrose and Ivy.
- Sage Tea: This is yet another best tea for sore throat. It has also worked other infections like arthritis, asthma, cough, bronchitis, angina, throat inflammation, and other respiratory infections. You should also know that this sage is not only used as a tea but for cooking also. Meanwhile, for the sake of this article, let’s check out how to prepare sage tea.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add this boiled water in a little quantity of sage
- Leave for about 5minuites for it to steep
- Serve your tea and drink while it’s warm
- You may choose to add honey if you desire.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint should not sound strange to you even if others do. Well, peppermint has some antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties which make it capable of fighting so many respiratory infections including sore throat. Below is an easy way to prepare peppermint tea.
- Get a peppermint leaf
- Grind the leaves to powered form
- Add some quantity of boiled water
- Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes.
- Your peppermint tea is ready.
- Honeybush Tea: At last we have a sweet tea for sore throat on our list today. Honeybush tea has been around for a while now and it has been used as a remedy for sore throat, cough, and some other respiratory infections. You can quickly prepare it by adding at least one spoon of honeybush tea in a boiling cup of water.
Yes, we are stopping here for today on our list of best teas for sore throat and I believe you found this information helpful. Remember that sharing is caring, so ensure you use the social share button to spread this valuable piece. Kindly let us know what you think about the 15 best teas for sore throat.