Lower Back Pain In Men, Causes, Symptoms, Prevention and Solution
Lower back pain in men has been a common problem among men around the world today, meanwhile, a recent study proved that about 80% of men in America have issues with lower back pain. This problem could be a result of so many factors that would be talked about in this article today. This is the more reason we have chosen this topic to help you find some quick solutions to lower back pain in man. But before that, we will be looking at the following subheading. This will make it easier for you to scroll to the section that interests you the most.
- Causes of lower back pain in men
- Symptoms of lower back pain in men
- Quick solutions to lower back pain in men
- Prevention of lower back pain in men.
Causes of lower back pain in men
- Strains: Strain is known to occur when the body has gone through a lot of physical activities. Meanwhile, poor flexibility of the muscles could also be a factor. Strains often lead to wear and tear which in turn leads to lower back pain in man.
- Herniated Disc: This is a real serious disc injury that often occurs in the spinal cord of man. This is a situation where the cartilage is known to surround the disc moves in a direction that goes against the root nerve and the spinal cord. The cushion that settles in between the spinal cord tends to move away from its normal position. Therefore leading to pains in the lower back.
- Spinal Stenosis: Spinal stenosis can exert pressure in between the spinal cord and the nerves found in the spine. It is usually known to happen in the neck and the lower back area – which often leads to lower back pain in man. Spinal Stenosis is usually as a result of overgrown bones.
- Sciatica: This is a pain normally radiate through the sciatic nerve. These pains normally extend to the lower back, the buttocks, and the legs. Sciatica could occur as a result of muscle spasms, degenerative disc disease, and lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Poor Posture: This is a common cause of lower back pain in man which often leads to abdominal spine curvatures like kyphosis, lordosis, and lordosis.
If we should continue with these lists then you may get bored. So the following are other causes of lower back pain in man – poor sleeping position, spondylitis, fibromyalgia, spondylosis, ovarian cyst, cancer, endometriosis, and so many others.
Symptoms of lower back pain in men
Here are some symptoms you are likely to experience when lower back pain is about to set in.
- Pains after sitting or standing for a very long period.
- Having difficulties in standing and walking straight after long sitting and also the same after long-standing.
- Pains experienced from the lower back area to the thigh area
- Tightness in the lower back and muscle spasms
Quick Solutions To Lower Back Pain In Men
Well, I guess this is the section that brought you to this post but doesn’t forget that it is necessary you also know the causes and symptoms of lower back pain that we have discussed earlier. Quickly check out these quick solutions to lower back pain in the man below.
- The use of Ice: Ice is a well-known solution for lower back pain because of its ability to reduce inflammations in the bones. You’re advised to use ice after 24-48hours after the injury or immediately you start experiencing lower back pain. Well, some at this point some people may attest to the fact that warmth substance will feel better than ice and also make you feel relaxed. But the irony of it is that ice will reduce any form of inflammation, while warm substance tends to increase it.
- Do some aerobic exercises: Some major examples of aerobic exercises you can do quickly include walking, jogging, cycling, and swimming. These exercises are certain to help you straighten your spines, thereby reducing your lower back pain. You are advised not to overdo any of these exercises. Another alternative is to ensure you get your body moving because your spines need it.
- Stretch Your Body: Have you sat down on your chair all day and you are beginning to feel some aches in your lower back? Then here is another cool way to quickly reduce back pain in man. You can choose to watch some yoga videos on YouTube that will teach the right way to do these stretching. Also for those that their jobs require bending their back all day – why don’t you try this out.
- Adjust Your Posture: Most times your bad posture may allow all your body weight to rest on the wrong part of your back – which in turn leads to lower back pain. Therefore, you are advised to quickly try as much as possible to adjust your posture. You can also do this by learning and practicing from YouTube and other great resources.
- Get a pain-reliever pill: Well, some so many people will go with this option because it seems to be one of the easiest and fastest ways to relieve back pain at home. You can just get some over the counter pain relief pills around you. Some of the most recommended over the counter pain relief pills include some major anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen, Panadol, actamin, Anaprox, and so many others. Remember to confirm the dosage and side effects of these pills from your doctor.
Prevention Of Lower Back Pain In Men
- Never bend your back whenever you want to lift heavy from the ground – instead you should rather bend your knees before lifting from the ground.
- Reconstruct your chairs at home and work in such a way that you won’t have to bend your back before carrying out any activity on the chair.
- Avoid wearing high heel footwear because they are likely to give you a posture that will make your backache.
- Do away with smoking because smoking can lead to osteoporosis of the spine and other bone problems. Recent research has proven that smokers are likely to experience low back pain compared to nonsmokers.
- You are advised to also watch your weight but if you have already gained too much weight, then I will advise you to go for some low-fat diet and also do some exercises that will lead to weight loss
- Ensure you always sleep on a solid surface with the appropriate sleeping posture.
At this point, I believe we have been able to cover some symptoms, causes, prevention, and quick solutions to lower back pain in man. Like I always tell people, it is not always by reading but by taking actions.
Now that you have already benefited from this post – why not make use of the social media button to spread this information to others that are experiencing lower back pain. Kindly drop your comment below to let us know what you think about this article.